7.90.040. Petition--Additional requirements
(1) Any person may seek relief under this chapter by filing a petition with a court alleging that the person has been the victim of nonconsensual sexual conduct or nonconsensual sexual penetration committed by the respondent.
(2) A person under eighteen years of age who is sixteen years of age or older may seek relief under this chapter and is not required to seek relief by a guardian or next friend.
(3) No guardian or guardian ad litem need be appointed on behalf of a respondent to an action under this chapter who is under eighteen years of age if such respondent is sixteen years of age or older.
(4) The court may, if it deems necessary, appoint a guardian ad litem for a petitioner or respondent who is a party to an action under this chapter. The appointment shall be at no cost to either party.
(5) Jurisdiction of the courts over proceedings under this chapter shall be the same as jurisdiction over domestic violence protection orders under RCW 26.50.020(5).
(6) An action under this chapter shall be filed in the county or the municipality where the petitioner resides.