En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED December 1, 2010

Courthouse Locations


Print this page
View All

WomensLaw regrets that these resources have not been updated recently.  However, please note that the legal content on the Know the Laws section is updated annually and the rest of the website is also updated regularly.

Below is a list of courthouses where you can file for a protection order.  (If you want to file for custody, divorce, or anything else, you may want to call the courthouse to make sure that the court we have listed is the proper courthouse.)  At the courthouse, the clerk will provide you with the forms that you need to file.  If you need assistance filling out the forms, the clerk may be able to give basic instructions, but the clerk usually cannot help you decide what information to write or give you any sort of advice.  You will also find links to online forms at our OR Download Court Forms page.  For further help, you may want to reach out to a local domestic violence program or a legal services organization.  You can find links to both types of organizations on our OR Where to Find Help page.


Malheur County

Malheur County Circuit Courthouse
251 B Street W.
2nd Floor - District Attorney
Vale, OR 97918
Phone: (541) 473-5171
Phone: (541) 473-5127 Victim Advocate
Web: http://www.ojd.state.or.us/mal/
Project Dove can also help if you are in Malheur County.

Marion County

Marion County Circuit Courthouse
100 High Street NE
Salem, OR 97309
Phone: (503) 588-5105 (Dial 4 for Family Court)
Web: http://www.ojd.state.or.us/mar/
The District Attorney's office (503) 588-5253 can help you file for a restraining order. Hours: 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday.

Morrow County

Morrow County Courthouse
100 Court Street
Heppner, OR 97836
Phone: (541) 676-5665 Victims Assistant Director
Web: http://www.ojd.state.or.us/uma/

Multnomah County

Multnomah County Courthouse
1021 SW Fourth Ave
Room 211
Portland, OR 97204
Phone: (503) 988-3022 (Option 2)

back to top