Legal Information: Washington

Restraining Orders

View all
September 21, 2017

Who can file for a vulnerable adult protection order?

You can file the order yourself if you are a vulnerable adult.  You can also file on behalf of a vulnerable adult if you are:

  • the vulnerable adult’s guardian or legal fiduciary; or
  • an “interested person.”*

The Department of Social and Health Services may also file for an order on behalf of a vulnerable adult.**

* R.C.W. § 74.34.110(1)

** R.C.W. § 74.34.150