Legal Information: Vermont

Restraining Orders

View all
March 29, 2017

Where do I file for a sexual assault or stalking protective order?

To file for a protective order, you go to the superior court in the county where you live.  If you have left your home in order to avoid being sexually assaulted or stalked, you can file the order in the county where you previously lived or in the current county you live in.*

* VT ST T. 12 § 5132