296. Assault in the second degree
(1) mingles any poison with any food, drink, or medicine, with intent that the same shall be taken by any human being, to his injury; or
(2) poisons any spring, well, or reservoir of water; or
(3) strangle or attempts to strangle any person in an act of domestic violence; or
(4) places or throws, or causes to be placed or thrown, upon the person of another, any vitriol, corrosive acid, pepper, hot water, or chemical of any nature with intent to injure the flesh or disfigure the body or clothes of such person
shall be imprisoned not more than 10 years and if the conviction results from an act of domestic violence, the person shall be fined no less than $1,000 and shall successfully complete certified mandatory Batters Intervention Program.