295. Assault in the first degree
(1) with intent to commit murder, assaults another;
(2) with intent to kill, administers or causes to be administered to another, any poison or other noxious or destructive substance or liquid, and death does not result;
(3) with intent to commit rape, sodomy, mayhem, robbery or larceny, assaults another; or
shall be imprisoned not more than 15 years;
(4) commits an act under paragraphs (1) or (2) or (3) of this section in an act of domestic violence as defined in Title 16 Virgin Islands Code, chapter 2, section 91(b) shall be sentenced to not less than 2 years and not more than 20 years and shall be fined not less than $1,000.