83.006. Exclusion of Party From Residence
(a) Subject to the limitations of Section 85.021(2), a person may only be excluded from the occupancy of the person's residence by a temporary ex parte order under this chapter if the applicant:
(1) files a sworn affidavit that provides a detailed description of the facts and circumstances requiring the exclusion of the person from the residence; and
(2) appears in person to testify at a temporary ex parte hearing to justify the issuance of the order without notice.
(b) Before the court may render a temporary ex parte order excluding a person from the person's residence, the court must find from the required affidavit and testimony that:
(1) the applicant requesting the excluding order either resides on the premises or has resided there within 30 days before the date the application was filed;
(2) the person to be excluded has within the 30 days before the date the application was filed committed family violence against a member of the household; and
(3) there is a clear and present danger that the person to be excluded is likely to commit family violence against a member of the household.
(c) The court may recess the hearing on a temporary ex parte order to contact the respondent by telephone and provide the respondent the opportunity to be present when the court resumes the hearing. Without regard to whether the respondent is able to be present at the hearing, the court shall resume the hearing before the end of the working day.