12-29-8. Domestic violence reports
(a) A law enforcement officer who responds to or investigates a domestic violence incident shall complete a domestic violence report, whether or not an arrest occurs.
(b) For the purpose of establishing accurate data on the extent and severity of domestic violence in the state and on the degree of compliance with the requirements of § 12-29-3, the domestic violence training and monitoring unit of the court system shall prescribe a form for making domestic violence reports. The form shall include, but is not limited to, the following information:
(1) Name of the parties;
(2) Relationship of the parties;
(3) Sex of the parties;
(4) Date of birth of the parties;
(5) Time and date of the incident;
(6) Whether children were involved or whether the alleged act of domestic violence was committed in the presence of children;
(7) Type and extent of the alleged abuse;
(8) Number and types of weapons involved;
(9) Existence of any prior court order; and
(10) Any other data that may be necessary for a complete analysis of all circumstances leading to the arrest.
(c) Each police department shall forward copies of the reports to the unit at the end of each month.