14-07.4-04. Registration of order
1. Any individual may register a foreign protection order in this state. To register a
foreign protection order, an individual shall present a certified copy of the order to
any clerk of district court in this state.
2. Upon receipt of a protection order, the clerk of district court shall register the order in accordance with this section. After the order is registered, the clerk of district court shall furnish to the individual registering the order a certified copy of the registered order. If a foreign order is registered, the clerk of district court shall transmit a copy of the order to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
3. The clerk of district court shall register an order upon presentation of a copy of a
protection order which has been certified by the issuing state. A registered foreign
protection order which is inaccurate or is not currently in effect shall be corrected or
removed from the registry in accordance with the law of this state.
4. An individual registering a foreign protection order shall file an affidavit by the
protected individual that, to the best of the individual's knowledge, the order is
currently in effect.
5. A foreign protection order registered under this chapter may be entered in any
existing state or federal registries of protection orders, in accordance with state or
6. A fee may not be charged for the registration of a foreign protection order or the
correction or removal of a foreign protection order.