30-1-15 Alleged victims of domestic abuse, stalking or sexual assault; forbearance of costs
A. An alleged victim of an offense specified in Subsection B of this section is not required to bear the cost of:
(1) filing a criminal charge against an alleged perpetrator of the offense;
(2) the issuance or service of a warrant;
(3) the issuance or service of a witness subpoena; or
(4) the issuance or service of a protection order.
B. The provisions of Subsection A of this section apply to alleged victims of domestic abuse as defined in Section 40-13-2 NMSA 1978 and:
(1) sexual offenses described in Sections 30-9-11 through 30-9-14 and 30-9-14.3 NMSA 1978;
(2) crimes against household members described in Sections 30-3-12 through 30-3-16 NMSA 1978;
(3) harassment, stalking and aggravated stalking described in Sections 30-3A-2 through 30-3A-3.1 NMSA 1978; and
(4) the violation of an order of protection described in Subsection E of Section 40-13-6 NMSA 1978.