125A.495. Expedited enforcement of child custody determination
1. A petition pursuant to NRS 125A.405 to 125A.585, inclusive, must be verified. Certified copies of all orders sought to be enforced and of any order confirming registration must be attached to the petition. A copy of a certified copy of an order may be attached instead of the original.
2. A petition for enforcement of a child custody determination must state:
(a) Whether the court that issued the determination identified the jurisdictional basis it relied upon in exercising jurisdiction and, if so, what the basis was;
(b) Whether the determination for which enforcement is sought has been vacated, stayed or modified by a court whose decision must be enforced pursuant to the provisions of this chapter and, if so, identify the court, the case number and the nature of the proceeding;
(c) Whether any proceeding has been commenced that could affect the current proceeding, including proceedings relating to domestic violence, protective orders, termination of parental rights and adoptions and, if so, identify the court, the case number and the nature of the proceeding;
(d) The present physical address of the child and the respondent, if known;
(e) Whether relief in addition to the immediate physical custody of the child and attorney's fees is sought, including a request for assistance from law enforcement officers and, if so, the relief sought; and
(f) If the child custody determination has been registered and confirmed pursuant to NRS 125A.465, the date and place of registration.
3. Upon the filing of a petition, the court shall issue an order directing the respondent to appear in person with or without the child at a hearing and may enter any order necessary to ensure the safety of the parties and the child. The hearing must be held on the next judicial day after service of the order unless that date is impossible. If that date is impossible, the court shall hold the hearing on the first judicial day possible. The court may extend the date of the hearing at the request of the petitioner.
4. An order issued pursuant to subsection 3 must state the time and place of the hearing and advise the respondent that at the hearing the court will order that the petitioner may take immediate physical custody of the child and the payment of fees, costs and expenses pursuant to NRS 125A.535, and may schedule a hearing to determine whether further relief is appropriate, unless the respondent appears and establishes that:
(a) The child custody determination has not been registered and confirmed pursuant to NRS 125A.465 and that:
(1) The issuing court did not have jurisdiction pursuant to NRS 125A.305 to 125A.395, inclusive;
(2) The child custody determination for which enforcement is sought has been vacated, stayed or modified by a court having jurisdiction to do so pursuant to NRS 125A.305 to 125A.395, inclusive; or
(3) The respondent was entitled to notice, but notice was not given in accordance with the standards of NRS 125A.255, in the proceedings before the court that issued the order for which enforcement is sought; or
(b) The child custody determination for which enforcement is sought was registered and confirmed pursuant to NRS 125A.465, but has been vacated, stayed or modified by a court of a state having jurisdiction to do so pursuant to NRS 125A.305 to 125A.395, inclusive.