Selected State Statutes: Florida

Statutes: Florida

View all

61.09. Alimony and child support unconnected with dissolution

If a person having the ability to contribute to the maintenance of his or her spouse and support of his or her minor child fails to do so, the spouse who is not receiving support may apply to the court for alimony and for support for the child without seeking dissolution of marriage, and the court shall enter an order as it deems just and proper.