§ 16-1053. Composition of the Board; procedural requirements.
(a) The Mayor shall appoint one representative from each of the following District agencies:
(1) Metropolitan Police Department;
(2) Office of the Chief Medical Examiner;
(3) Office of the Corporation Counsel;
(4) Department of Corrections;
(5) Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department;
(6) Addiction Prevention and Recovery Administration;
(7) Department of Health;
(8) Child and Family Services Agency; and
(9) Mayor's Commission on Violence Against Women.
(b) The Mayor shall appoint, or request the designation of, members from federal, judicial, and private agencies or entities with expertise in domestic violence, to include one representative from each of the following:
(1) Superior Court of the District of Columbia;
(2) Office of the Unites States Attorney for the District of Columbia;
(3) District of Columbia hospitals;
(4) University legal clinics;
(5) Domestic violence shelters; and
(6) Domestic violence advocacy organizations.
(c) The Mayor, with the advice and consent of the Council, shall appoint 8 community representatives, none of whom shall be employees of the District of Columbia.
(d) Governmental appointees shall serve at the will of the Mayor, or of the federal or judicial body designating their availability for appointment. Community representatives shall serve for 3-year terms.
(e) Vacancies in membership shall be filled in the same manner in which the original appointment was made.
(f) The Board shall select a Chairman according to rules set forth by the Board.
(g) The Board shall establish quorum and other procedural requirements as it considers necessary