WomensLaw is not just for women. We serve and support all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.
Legal Information: Missouri
573.112. Threatenting the noncensensual dissemination of private sexual images – Felony class
1. A person commits the offense of threatening the nonconsensual dissemination of private sexual image s if he or she gains or attempts to gain anything of value, or coerces or attempts to coerce another person to act or refrain from acting, by threatening to disseminate an image of another person, which was obtained under circumstances in which a reasonable person would know or understand that the image was to remain private, against the will of such person:
(1) Who is at least eighteen years of age;
(2) Who is identifiable from the image itself or information displayed in connection with the image; and
(3) Who is engaged in a sexual act or whose intimate parts are exposed, in whole or in part.
2. The offense of threatening the nonconsensual dissemination of private sexual images is a class E felony.
© 2008–2020 WomensLaw.org is a project of the National Network to End Domestic Violence, Inc. All rights reserved. This website is funded in part through a grant from the Office for Victims of Crime, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice. Neither the U.S. Department of Justice nor any of its components operate, control, are responsible for, or necessarily endorse, this website (including, without limitation, its content, technical infrastructure, and policies, and any services or tools provided). NNEDV is a 501©(3) non-profit organization; EIN 52-1973408.