13. Domestic violence protocols
(1) Domestic violence cases shall be conducted according to the local domestic violence protocol.
(2) The court shall not limit or restrict a victim’s access to seek a protective order for domestic violence.
(3) The court shall provide 24-hour access to protection from domestic violence.
(4) Domestic violence cases shall retain the domestic violence case file number even if heard with another matter.
(5) The court shall establish schedules for domestic violence hearings and shall provide them to anyone authorized to verify domestic violence petitions.
(6) The court shall inform the respondent regarding the purchase of a firearm, and the surrender of same, in compliance with 18 U.S.C. Section 922(g)(8), during the pendency of an emergency protective order or domestic violence order, and shall inform the respondent regarding the confiscation, retention and return of firearms.