What protections can I get in a stalking or sexual assault?
A protection from stalking or sexual assault order can offer the following protections for you and your family. It can:
- order the abuser not to follow, harass, telephone, or make contact with you in any way;
- order the abuser not to violate your privacy rights;
- order the abuser not to enter your home or the area immediately around your home;
- order the abuser not to commit or attempt to commit sexual assault upon you; and
- order any other protections the judge considers necessary.1
Whether a judge orders any or all of the above depends on the facts of your case.
1 Kan. Stat. § 60-31a06(a)