Legal Information: Kansas

Parental Kidnapping

May 6, 2022

I am afraid the other parent will take our children out of the state or country. What can I do?

As a party to a child custody case, you can file a petition asking for an abduction prevention order.1 If the judge decides that there is a credible risk that the other parent will abduct the child, s/he should grant you an abduction prevention order.2

1 K.S.A. § 38-13a04
2 K.S.A. § 38-13a08(b)

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.