IC 35-42-2-9 Strangulation
Sec. 9. (a) This section does not apply to a medical procedure.
(b) As used in this section, “torso” means any part of the upper body from the collarbone to the hips.
(c) A person who, in a rude, angry, or insolent manner, knowingly or intentionally:
(1) applies pressure to the throat or neck of another person;
(2) obstructs the nose or mouth of the another person; or
(3) applies pressure to the torso of another person;
in a manner that impedes the normal breathing or the blood circulation of the other person commits strangulation, a Level 6 felony.
(d) However, the offense under subsection (c) is a Level 5 felony if:
(1) the offense is committed against a pregnant woman; and
(2) the person who committed the offense knew the victim was pregnant at the time of the offense.