Legal Information: Idaho

Restraining Orders

View all
September 2, 2022

In which county can I file for an order of protection?

You can file for a protection order in the district court in the county where the abuser lives, where you live (where your permanent residence is located) or where you are temporarily living in order to escape the abuse.1

However, if you have left the home and want to keep the address where you are staying confidential, filing in that county would likely not be a good idea since it would alert the abuser to the fact that you are living in that county.

1 I.C. § 39-6304(2), (6)

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.