WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: Hawaii

Restraining Orders

View all
Laws current as of January 11, 2024

Can I get an injunction against harassment if I’m a minor?

If you are 17 or younger and unmarried, one of your parents or a legal guardian needs to come with you to file. If you are under age 18 and married, then you can file for it in your own name, on your own. Note: If you are unmarried but you cannot have a parent or legal guardian come with you, you can explain why in your petition.1

If the harasser is a minor, the harasser’s parent or guardian should be named as the “respondent” on the harasser’s behalf.1

1 Hawai’i State Judiciary website