Legal Information: Federal

Domestic Violence in the Military

View all
June 25, 2013

Am I eligible to get a military protective order (MPO)?

You are eligible to file for a MPO against an active duty member of the military who has abused you or your children and who is your spouse/ ex-spouse, intimate partner you live(d) with or someone you have a child in common with.  An MPO will be ordered if the commander agrees to it.1

1 See Military OneSource