Legal Information: Delaware

Parental Kidnapping

September 13, 2023

Can I get temporary custody of my child as a part of an order of protection against the other parent?

The court may grant temporary custody of the children to the person who is asking the court for an order of protection. The parent that the order or protection is against may request visitation at any time during the proceeding. This visitation may be supervised by a third party.1

1 10 Del. C. § 1045

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.