Legal Information: Arkansas


View all
February 14, 2022

Can I change the state where the case is being heard?

If you move to another state, you may be able to change the state where the custody case is being heard. You will have to ask the judge that is hearing the case to change the jurisdiction of your case. This is often complicated, and as with all custody issues, we recommend that you talk to a lawyer about this. To find a lawyer in your area please visit our AR Finding a Lawyer page under the Places that Help tab on the top of this screen.

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.