WomensLaw no es solamente para mujeres. Servimos y apoyamos a todos/as los/as sobrevivientes no importa su sexo o género.

Información Legal: Islas Vírgenes de los Estados Unidos

Restraining Orders

Ver Todo
7 de diciembre de 2020

Can I have my out-of-state restraining order changed, extended, or canceled in the U.S. Virgin Islands?

No.  Only the state that issued your restraining order can change, extend, or cancel the order.  You cannot have this done by a court in the U.S. Virgin Islands.

To have your order changed, extended, or canceled, you will have to file a motion or petition in the court where the order was issued.  To find out more information about how to modify a restraining order, see the Restraining Orders page for the state where your order was issued.

If your order does expire while you are living in the U.S. Virgin Islands, you may be able to get a new one issued in the U.S. Virgin Islands but this may be difficult to do if no new incidents of abuse have occurred in the U.S. Virgin Islands.  To find out more information on how to get a domestic violence restraining order in the U.S. Virgin Islands, visit our VI Restraining Orders page.