125B.070. Amount of payment: Definitions; adjustment of presumptive maximum amount based on change in Consumer Price Index
1. As used in this section and NRS 125B.080, unless the context otherwise requires:
(a) “Gross monthly income” means the total amount of income received each month from any source of a person who is not self-employed or the gross income from any source of a self-employed person, after deduction of all legitimate business expenses, but without deduction for personal income taxes, contributions for retirement benefits, contributions to a pension or for any other personal expenses.
(b) “Obligation for support” means the sum certain dollar amount determined according to the following schedule:
(1) For one child, 18 percent;
(2) For two children, 25 percent;
(3) For three children, 29 percent;
(4) For four children, 31 percent; and
(5) For each additional child, an additional 2 percent,
of a parent’s gross monthly income, but not more than the presumptive maximum amount per month per child set forth for the parent in subsection 2 for an obligation for support determined pursuant to subparagraphs (1) to (4), inclusive, unless the court sets forth findings of fact as to the basis for a different amount pursuant to subsection 6 of NRS 125B.080.
2. For the purposes of paragraph (b) of subsection 1, the presumptive maximum amount per month per child for an obligation for support, as adjusted pursuant to subsection 3, is:
If the Parent’s Gross
Monthly Income Is at Least
PRESUMPTIVE MAXIMUM AMOUNT
The Presumptive Maximum Amount the
Parent May Be Required to Pay
per Month per Child Pursuant to
Paragraph (b) of Subsection 1 Is
If a parent’s gross monthly income is equal to or greater than $14,583, the presumptive maximum amount the parent may be required to pay pursuant to paragraph (b) of subsection 1 is $800.1
3. The presumptive maximum amounts set forth in subsection 2 for the obligation for support must be adjusted on July 1 of each year for the fiscal year beginning that day and ending June 30 in a rounded dollar amount corresponding to the percentage of increase or decrease in the Consumer Price Index (All Items) published by the United States Department of Labor for the preceding calendar year. On April 1 of each year, the Office of Court Administrator shall determine the amount of the increase or decrease required by this subsection, establish the adjusted amounts to take effect on July 1 of that year and notify each district court of the adjusted amounts.
4. As used in this section, “Office of Court Administrator” means the Office of Court Administrator created pursuant to NRS 1.320.