WomensLaw no es solamente para mujeres. Servimos y apoyamos a todos/as los/as sobrevivientes no importa su sexo o género.

Importante: Algunas cortes están atendiendo las audiencias de forma virtual debido a COVID. Vea las Cortes y el COVID-19.

Información Legal: Kansas

Restraining Orders

Ver Todo
21 de junio de 2021

How do I change or extend my order?

To modify your order, you can go back to the court where you got it and file a modification petition with the clerk. The judge can amend an order at any time based on a motion filed by either party.1

To extend your order, you can file for an extension. You must request this renewal before your original order expires. If you request it, a judge may extend your order by granting a renewal for one additional year.2 An order can be extended for at least two years and at most, for the lifetime of the abuser if you can prove:

  1. the abuser violated a valid protection order (either the current order or a prior order); or
  2. the abuser has been convicted of a “person felony” or any conspiracy, criminal solicitation or attempt of a “person felony” against you or any member of your household.3

For advice about your particular situation, please talk to a lawyer. You can find lawyer referrals on our KS Finding a Lawyer page.

1 K.S.A. § 60-3107(f)
2 K.S.A. § 60-3107(e)(1)
3 K.S.A. § 60-3107(e)(2)