WomensLaw no es solamente para mujeres. Servimos y apoyamos a todos/as los/as sobrevivientes no importa su sexo o género.

Importante: Aun si las cortes están cerradas puede haber una forma para pedir una orden de protección y recursos de emergencia. Vea las Cortes y el COVID-19.

Información Legal: Hawái

Restraining Orders

Ver Todo
28 de mayo de 2020

I was granted temporary custody with my order for protection. Will another state enforce this custody order?

Yes. Custody, visitation, and child support provisions that are included in an order for protection can be enforced across state lines. Law enforcement and courts in another state are required by federal law to enforce these provisions.1 However, before leaving the state, it is important to talk to a lawyer to make sure that leaving the state would not violate any laws such as parental kidnapping (custodial interference) laws, or any laws that your state may have regarding not removing a child from the state during a court case.

1 18 USC § 2266