Información Legal: Hawái

Restraining Orders

Ver Todo
11 de marzo de 2022

Can I have my out-of-state protection order changed, extended, or canceled in HI?

No. Only the state that issued your order for protection can change, extend, or cancel the order. You cannot have this done by a court in Hawaii.

To have your order changed, extended, or canceled, you will have to file a motion or petition, notify the abuser, and attend a hearing in the court where the order was issued. To find out more information about how to modify a restraining order, see our Restraining Orders page for the state where your order was issued (go to this link and enter your state from the drop-down list).

If your order does expire while you are living in Hawaii, you may be able to get a new one issued in Hawaii, but this may be difficult to do if no new incidents of abuse have occurred in Hawaii.  To find out more information on how to get an order for protection in Hawaii, visit our Orders for Protection due to Domestic Abuse (Family Court) page.


WomensLaw sirve y apoya a todas las personas sobrevivientes sin importar su sexo o género.