WomensLaw no es solamente para mujeres. Servimos y apoyamos a todos/as los/as sobrevivientes no importa su sexo o género.

Información Legal: Alabama


9 de marzo de 2021

Can I change the state where the case is being heard?

If you have moved to another state and you want to try to modify your order in the new state where you are living, you will have to ask the judge that is hearing the case to change the jurisdiction of your case. To read more about modifying a custody order in another state, go to our Changing a final order page in our general Custody section. This is often complicated and, as with all custody issues, we recommend that you talk to a lawyer about this. To find a lawyer in your area please visit our AL Finding a Lawyer page.