Full-Time Position Available: Coordinator for the WomensLaw Team at the National Network to End Domestic Violence
The National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV) seeks a highly-organized person to provide administrative support in a role similar to an “administrative assistant” for its WomensLaw project. NNEDV is a social change organization dedicated to creating a social, political and economic environment in which violence against women no longer exists.
WomensLaw has been a project of NNEDV since 2010 and it has been providing state-specific legal information and resources for survivors of domestic violence since 2001 through https://www.WomensLaw.org. Today, more than 1.3 million unique users visit the website annually, and WomensLaw.org provides referrals and information to more than 6,000 individuals through the Email Hotline.
The Coordinator will provide administrative support to the WomensLaw team of four attorneys as follows:
- Administering webinars presented by the attorneys. This involves publicizing the webinars, doing dry-runs with the team to test out the webinar platform, coordinating the logistics with partnering agencies, creating polls, answering questions online during the webinar, and being in charge of registration and other administrative tasks.
- Updating website content including: 1) thousands of resources in our Places that Help section; 2) seeking out new resources to include; 3) fixing typos; 4) flagging and replacing outdated content; and 5) fixing internal and external broken links.
- Keeping organized records and charts for the work performed by the team including: 1) changes resulting from the Places that Help updates; 2) website updates; 3) new topics that need to be added to the website.
- Supporting evaluation and reporting efforts by compiling usage analytics from Google Analytics and the Email Hotline as well as results from Survey Monkey.
- Creating social media content by finding relevant articles and topics of interest for our social media channels. In coordination with our communications team, creating or finding online images and visuals as needed to go along with social media posts or for brochures or other marketing and educational materials.
- Performing administrative tasks to support the work we do as a team, such as compiling outreach mailings, sending out materials when requested, submitting reimbursements for the team, ordering supplies, etc.
- Participating in and assisting with other organization-wide activities and events as needed.
- Assisting team members with our amicus program, our pro-bono legal and law student outreach, and in answering non-legal inquiries on the Email Hotline.
- Performing additional duties as required and assigned.
- A love of all things administrative.
- Excellent attention to detail and great organization skills.
- Proficiency in writing, editing, and proofreading skills, including a strong grasp of grammar, punctuation, and copy editing.
- Proficiency in computer skills, including familiarity with MS Office (particularly Excel and Word) and online content management systems.
- Previous administrative experience.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a relevant area.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Prior use of Survey Monkey, Adobe InDesign/Illustrator are preferred but not necessary.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus, but not required.
- Paralegal experience or similar experience with courts and legal topics.
- Strong familiarity with non-profit environments.
Location: Washington, D.C. No travel is required. This is an in-office position, not a remote-work position.
To Apply: Please combine the following documents into one PDF: (1) cover letter outlining administrative experience, (2) resume, and (3) salary expectations, and email to Stacey Sarver, Esq. at WLjobsnnedv.org. Applications that do not contain all of the required items will not be considered. Please also paste the content of your cover letter into the body of the email.
Applications received by end of day February 14, 2020 will be given priority; however, the position will remain open until filled. No U.S. mail or faxes please.
Anticipated Salary Range, based on qualifications and experience: $50,000 - $65,000
Benefits: NNEDV pays the entire cost for each employee’s Health, Dental, Life, and Short and Long Term Disability Insurances. NNEDV contributes 3% to each employee’s 401K retirement plan (regardless of match). NNEDV also provides a commuting stipend to DC-based staff, 17 paid holidays, 15 days of annual leave, and 10 days of sick leave each year. NNEDV also offers vision insurance at a nominal cost.
NNEDV is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage your application to join our highly accomplished team!