Back to Alabama overview
- Code of Alabama (select sections)
- Title 12. Courts
- Chapter 25. Alabama Sentencing Commission
- Article 2. Alabama Sentencing Reform Act of 2003
- Title 13A. Criminal Code
- Chapter 1. General Provisions
- Chapter 6. Offenses Involving Danger to the Person
- Article 2. Assaults
- Article 3. Kidnapping, Unlawful Imprisonment, and Related Offenses
- Article 4. Sexual Offenses
- Article 5. Stalking and Aggravated Stalking
- Article 7. Domestic Violence and Related Offenses
- Article 7A. Domestic Violence Protection Order Enforcement Act
- Chapter 7. Offenses Involving Damage to and Intrusion Upon Property
- Article 1. Burglary and Criminal Trespass
- Chapter 11. Offenses Against Order and Safety
- Article 1. Offenses Against Public Order and Decency
- Article 3. Offenses Relating to Firearms and Weapons
- Title 30. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 3. Child Custody and Support
- Article 1. General Provisions.
- Article 6. Custody and Domestic or Family Abuse
- Article 7. Joint Custody.
- Article 7A. Alabama Parent-Child Relationship Protection Act
- Chapter 3B. Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act
- Article 1. General Provisions
- Article 2. Jurisdiction
- Article 3. Enforcement.
- Article 4. Miscellaneous Provisions.
- Chapter 5. Protection from Abuse.
- Section 30-5-1. Short title; construction; purposes.
- Section 30-5-2. Definitions.
- Section 30-5-3. Jurisdiction; how order may be obtained; venue; when final order not issued; residency.
- Section 30-5-4. Remedies and relief; duty to inform court of pending proceedings, litigation, etc.; previous court orders; issuance of orders.
- Section 30-5-5. Petitions, motions, etc. - Filing, forms, contents, costs.
- Section 30-5-6. Hearing on petition; right to counsel; temporary orders.
- Section 30-5-7. Orders for protection or modification - Authorized, issuance, relief, time, amendment, etc.
- Section 30-5-8. Copies of order issued to certain persons; notice of penalties on order.
- Section 30-5-11. Construction of chapter.
- Chapter 5A. Family Violence Protection Order Enforcement Act.
- Chapter 5B. Uniform Interstate Enforcement of Domestic Violence Protection Orders.
Article 4. Sexual Offenses
back to topSection 13A-6-62. Rape in the second degree
(a) A person commits the crime of rape in the second degree if:
(1) Being 16 years old or older, he or she engages in sexual intercourse with a member of the opposite sex less than 16 and more than 12 years old; provided, however, the actor is at least two years older than the member of the opposite sex.
(2) He or she engages in sexual intercourse with a member of the opposite sex who is incapable of consent by reason of being mentally defective.
(b) Rape in the second degree is a Class B felony.
(Acts 1977, No. 607, p. 812, § 2311; Acts 1979, No. 79-471, p. 862, § 1; Acts 1987, No. 87-607, p. 1056, § 2; Act 2000-726, p. 1557, § 1.)