Back to Alabama overview
- Code of Alabama (select sections)
- Title 12. Courts
- Chapter 25. Alabama Sentencing Commission
- Article 2. Alabama Sentencing Reform Act of 2003
- Title 13A. Criminal Code
- Chapter 1. General Provisions
- Chapter 6. Offenses Involving Danger to the Person
- Article 2. Assaults
- Article 3. Kidnapping, Unlawful Imprisonment, and Related Offenses
- Article 4. Sexual Offenses
- Article 5. Stalking and Aggravated Stalking
- Article 7. Domestic Violence and Related Offenses
- Article 7A. Domestic Violence Protection Order Enforcement Act
- Chapter 7. Offenses Involving Damage to and Intrusion Upon Property
- Article 1. Burglary and Criminal Trespass
- Chapter 11. Offenses Against Order and Safety
- Article 1. Offenses Against Public Order and Decency
- Article 3. Offenses Relating to Firearms and Weapons
- Title 30. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 3. Child Custody and Support
- Article 1. General Provisions.
- Article 6. Custody and Domestic or Family Abuse
- Article 7. Joint Custody.
- Article 7A. Alabama Parent-Child Relationship Protection Act
- Chapter 3B. Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act
- Article 1. General Provisions
- Article 2. Jurisdiction
- Article 3. Enforcement.
- Article 4. Miscellaneous Provisions.
- Chapter 5. Protection from Abuse.
- Section 30-5-1. Short title; construction; purposes.
- Section 30-5-2. Definitions.
- Section 30-5-3. Jurisdiction; how order may be obtained; venue; when final order not issued; residency.
- Section 30-5-4. Remedies and relief; duty to inform court of pending proceedings, litigation, etc.; previous court orders; issuance of orders.
- Section 30-5-5. Petitions, motions, etc. - Filing, forms, contents, costs.
- Section 30-5-6. Hearing on petition; right to counsel; temporary orders.
- Section 30-5-7. Orders for protection or modification - Authorized, issuance, relief, time, amendment, etc.
- Section 30-5-8. Copies of order issued to certain persons; notice of penalties on order.
- Section 30-5-11. Construction of chapter.
- Chapter 5A. Family Violence Protection Order Enforcement Act.
- Chapter 5B. Uniform Interstate Enforcement of Domestic Violence Protection Orders.
Article 4. Sexual Offenses
back to topSection 13A-6-60. Definitions
(4) FEMALE. Any female person.
(5) MENTALLY DEFECTIVE. Such term means The following definitions apply in this article:
(1) SEXUAL INTERCOURSE. Such term has its ordinary meaning and occurs upon any penetration, however slight; emission is not required.
(2) DEVIATE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE. Any act of sexual gratification between persons not married to each other involving the sex organs of one person and the mouth or anus of another.
(3) SEXUAL CONTACT. Any touching of the sexual or other intimate parts of a person not married to the actor, done for the purpose of gratifying the sexual desire of either party.
that a person suffers from a mental disease or defect which renders him incapable of appraising the nature of his conduct.
(6) MENTALLY INCAPACITATED. Such term means that a person is rendered temporarily incapable of appraising or controlling his conduct owing to the influence of a narcotic or intoxicating substance administered to him without his consent, or to any other incapacitating act committed upon him without his consent.
(7) PHYSICALLY HELPLESS. Such term means that a person is unconscious or for any other reason is physically unable to communicate unwillingness to an act.
(8) FORCIBLE COMPULSION. Physical force that overcomes earnest resistance or a threat, express or implied, that places a person in fear of immediate death or serious physical injury to himself or another person.
(Acts 1977, No. 607, p. 812, § 2301; Acts 1988, No. 88-339, p. 515.)