En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Legal Statutes: Washington

UPDATED August 10, 2017

Back to Washington overview

Chapter 26.10 Non Parental Actions for Child Custody

back to top26.10.070. Minor or dependent child -- Court appointed attorney to represent -- Payment of costs, fees, and disbursements

The court may appoint an attorney to represent the interests of a minor or dependent child with respect to custody, support, and visitation. The court shall enter an order for costs, fees, and disbursements in favor of the child's attorney. The order shall be made against any or all parties, except that, if all parties are indigent, the costs, fees, and disbursements shall be borne by the county.
1989 c 375 § 20; 1987 c 460 § 31.