En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Legal Statutes: Washington

UPDATED August 10, 2017

Back to Washington overview

Chapter 26.09. Dissolution of Marriage - Legal Separation

back to top26.09.280. Parenting plan or child support modification or enforcement -- Venue

Every action or proceeding to change, modify, or enforce any final order, judgment, or decree entered in any dissolution or legal separation or declaration concerning the validity of a marriage or domestic partnership, whether under this chapter or prior law, regarding the parenting plan or child support for the minor children of the marriage or the domestic partnership may be brought in the county where the minor children are then residing, or in the court in which the final order, judgment, or decree was entered, or in the county where the parent or other person who has the care, custody, or control of the children is then residing.
2008 c 6 § 1020; 1991 c 367 § 10; 1987 c 460 § 20; 1975 c 32 § 4; 1973 1st ex.s. c 157 § 28.