In English
Línea Nacional para la Violencia Doméstica: 1-800-799-7233 o (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Conozca la Ley: Wyoming

ACTUALIZADA 23 de diciembre, 2016

Enforcing Your Out-Of-State Order in Wyoming

Imprimir esta página
Ver Todo

If you are planning to move to Wyoming or are going to be in Wyoming for any reason, your protection or restraining order can be enforced.

General rules for out-of-state orders in Wyoming

arribaCan I get my order of protection enforced in Wyoming? What are the requirements?

Yes. Your order of protection can be enforced in Wyoming as long as:

  • It was issued to prevent violent or threatening acts, harassing behavior, sexual violence, or it was issued to prevent another person from coming near you or contacting you.*
  • The court that issued the order had jurisdiction over the people and case. (In other words, the court had the authority to hear the case.)
  • The abuser received notice of the order and had an opportunity to go to court to tell his/her side of the story.
    • In the case of ex parte temporary and emergency orders, the abuser must receive notice and have an opportunity to go to court to tell his/her side of the story at a hearing that is scheduled before the temporary order expires.**
Note: For information on enforcing a military protective order (MPO) off the military installation, or enforcing a civil protection order (CPO) on a military installation, please see our Military Protective Orders page.

* 18 U.S.C. § 2266(5)
** 18 U.S.C. § 2265(a) & (b)

¿Le fue útil esta información?

arribaCan I have my out-of-state order of protection changed, extended, or canceled in WY?

¿Le fue útil esta información?

arribaI was granted temporary custody with my order of protection. Will I still have temporary custody of my children in WY?

¿Le fue útil esta información?

back to top