En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED November 13, 2009

Courthouse Locations


Print this page
View All

In most counties in Indiana, you can go to any court and ask the civil clerk for a petition for a protective order. Some counties may require that you go to a particular type of court or a particular division in a courthouse.  Below are courthouses, with addresses and telephone numbers, listed alphabetically by County.

At the courthouse, the clerk will provide you with the forms that you need to file. If you need assistance filling out the form, ask the clerk for help. You will also find links to online forms at our Download Court Forms page. You may also get help with the court system through one of the domestic violence organizations listed on our IN State and Local Programs page.

Listed below are telephone numbers and addresses for the clerks of the circuit courts in Indiana. You will find additional court information for Indiana at: www.in.gov/judiciary.



Circuit, Superior, and County Courts
101 N. Orange St.
Albion, IN 46701
Phone: (260) 636-2736
Fax: (260) 636-4000
Web: http://www.nobleco.org/


Circuit, Superior and County Courts
16 E. 9th Street #213
P.O. Box 1277
Anderson, IN 46016
Phone: (765) 641-9457 Clerk's Office
Phone: (765) 641-4214 Alternate
Fax: (765) 640-4203
Web: http://www.madisoncty.com/


Circuit and Superior Courts
55 S. Public Square
Angola, IN 46703
Phone: (260) 668-1000
Fax: (260) 668-3702
Web: http://www.co.steuben.in.us/departments/court/court.aspx


Circuit and Superior Courts
100 S. Main Street
P.O. Box 230
Auburn, IN 46706
Hotline: (800) 441-4073 24-hour Crisis Line for Domestic Abuse Victims
Phone: (260) 925-0912
Fax: (260) 925-5126
Web: http://www.co.dekalb.in.us/dekalb/departments/ClerkofCourts/index.cfm

back to top