En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED July 1, 2010

Courthouse Locations


Print this page
View All

To file for a protective order in Iowa, you will go to the district court where you live or where the abuser lives.  Find the civil court clerk and request a petition for a protective order.


At the courthouse, the clerk will provide you with the forms that you need to file.  You will also find links to online forms at our IA Download Court Forms page. You may also get help with the court system through one of the domestic violence organizations listed on our IA State and Local Programs page. Below you will find an alphabetical list of Iowa county courthouses, with phone numbers & addresses.



Dallas County Courthouse (5A)
801 Court Street
Adel, IOWA 50003
Phone: (515) 993-5816
Fax: (515) 993-6991


Monroe County Courthouse (8A)
10 Benton Avenue East
Albua, IOWA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-5212
Fax: (641) 932-3245


Kossuth County Courthouse (3A)
114 West State Street
Algona, IOWA 50511
Phone: (515) 295-3240
Fax: (515) 295-2820


Butler County Courthouse (2A)
428 Sixth Street
Box 307
Allison, IOWA 50602
Phone: (319) 267-2487
Fax: (319) 267-2488


Jones County Courthouse (6)
PO Box 19
500 West Main Street
Anamosa, 52205
Phone: (319) 462-4341
Fax: (319) 462-5827


Cass County Courthouse (4)
5 West 7th Street
Atlantic, 50022
Phone: (712) 243-2105
Fax: (712) 243-4661


Audubon County Courthouse (4)
318 Leroy Street #6
Audubon, IOWA 50025
Phone: (712) 563-4275
Fax: (712) 563-4276

back to top