En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED June 2, 2016

Courthouse Locations


Print this page

Below is a list of courthouses where you can file for a protection order. (If you want to file for custody, divorce, or anything else, you may want to call the courthouse to make sure that the court we have listed is the proper courthouse.) At the courthouse, the clerk will provide you with the forms that you need to file.  If you need assistance filling out the forms, the clerk may be able to give basic instructions, but the clerk usually cannot help you decide what information to write or give you any sort of advice.  You will also find links to online forms at our DE Download Court Forms page.  For further help, you may want to reach out to a local domestic violence program or a legal services organization.  You can find links to both types of organizations on our DE Where to Find Help page.

Kent County Family Court
400 Court Street at River Ave.
Dover, DE 19901
Kent County
Phone: 302-672-1000
Web: http://courts.delaware.gov/locations/family_kt.aspx
8:30am-4:30pm Mon.-Fri.

New Castle County Family Court
500 North King Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
New Castle County
Phone: 302-255-0300
Web: http://courts.delaware.gov/locations/family_nc.aspx
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm Mon.-Fri.

Sussex County Family Court
22 The Circle
Georgetown, DE 19947
Sussex County
Phone: 302-855-7400
Web: http://courts.delaware.gov/locations/family_sx.aspx
8:30am-4:30pm Mon.-Fri.

back to top