En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED March 27, 2012

Courthouse Locations


Print this page
View All

WomensLaw regrets that these resources have not been updated recently.  However, please note that the legal content on the Know the Laws section is updated annually and the rest of the website is also updated regularly.

Below is a list of courthouses where you can file for a protection order. (If you want to file for custody, divorce, or anything else, you may want to call the courthouse to make sure that the court we have listed is the proper courthouse.)  At the courthouse, the clerk will provide you with the forms that you need to file. If you need assistance filling out the forms, the clerk may be able to give basic instructions, but the clerk usually cannot help you decide what information to write or give you any sort of advice.  You will also find links to online forms at our MT Download Court Forms page.  For further help, you may want to reach out to a local domestic violence program or a legal services organization. You can find links to both types of organizations on our MT Where to Find Help page.




District Court
106 Fourth Ave E. Ninth Street
Polson, MT 59860
Phone: (406) 883-7254

Lewis & Clark

District Court
228 E. Broadway Street, Room #102
Helena, MT 59604
Phone: (406) 447-8205


District Court
111 First Street East
PO Box 549
Chester, MT 59522
Phone: (406) 759-5365


District Court
512 California Ave
Libby, MT 59923
Phone: (406) 293-7781

back to top