En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED August 21, 2017

Local Programs


Print this page
View All

Included in this list are shelters and local programs that provide support, counseling, safety planning, and other services to victims of abuse.  If you cannot get help from the organization nearest you, you might want to try calling one in a neighboring county.   (If you find inaccurate contact information, please let us know at WomensLaw@nnedv.org.)

Please note that we list the organizations by the county where the office is located – however, many offices serve multiple counties.  You can click the “View All” to look through the complete list of organizations. If you are looking for an attorney to represent you in court or to give you legal advice about your situation, go to our Finding a Lawyer page instead. 



Diane Peppler Resource Center
P.O. Box 698
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
Hotline: (800) 882-1515
Phone: (906) 635-0566
Fax: (906) 635-2952
Web: http://www.dprcenter.org
The Diane Peppler Resource center provides services to victims of domestic violence and their families. Services include a 24-hour crisis hotline, crisis support, counseling, emergency medical services, legal and financial referrals, and advocacy for victims of family violence and their children. The Diane Peppler Resource Center serves Chippewa, Luce, and Mackinac Counties.

Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians
Advocacy Resource Center
2864 Ashmun Street
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
Phone: (906) 632-5250
Web: http://www.saulttribe.com/membership-services/acfs/arc
The Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians Advocacy Resource Center provides services to victims/survivors of abuse and/or a crime and their children. Services include core advocacy (crisis intervention, brief counseling, safety planning, case management, information and referrals, transportation, and education), emergency legal advocacy (filing PPOs in Tribal and State Courts, and PPO court hearing accompaniment), criminal justice advocacy, Crime Victim Compensation assistance, prevention, outreach, and education, emergency shelter, Legal Assistance for Victims (LAV), and Sexual Assault/Abuse Outpatient Therapy Services (TSASP).


323 North Clinton Avenue
St. Johns, MI 48879
Hotline: (877) 952-7283
Phone: (989) 723-9716
Fax: (989) 224-6947
Web: http://www.thesafecenter.org
Email: safecenter@thesafecenter.org
SafeCenter provides services to victims of domestic violence and sexual abuse. Services include a 24-hour hotline, emergency shelter, information and referrals, individual counseling and advocacy, basic needs (food and clothing), housing programs and assistance, legal advocacy, support groups, and prevention and education programs. SafeCenter serves Clinton and Shiawassee Counties.


River House, Inc.
P.O. Box 661
Grayling, MI 49738
Hotline: (888) 554-3169
Phone: (989) 348-3169
Web: http://www.riverhouseinc.org
Email: office@riverhouseinc.org
River House, Inc. provides services to victims of domestic and sexual abuse. Services include a 24-hour hotline, emergency shelter, legal advocacy (accompaniment and explanations), counseling, referrals, children’s support group, employment assistance, long range planning, permanent housing assistance, budgeting, parenting and children’s services and support (one-on-one), and support services (food, clothing, and personal needs). River House, Inc. serves Crawford, Ogemaw, Oscoda, and Roscommon Counties.

back to top