En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED April 8, 2009

Courthouse Locations

South Carolina

Print this page
View All

WomensLaw regrets that these resources have not been updated recently.  However, please note that the legal content on the Know the Laws section is updated annually and the rest of the website is also updated regularly.

Below is a list of courthouses where you can file for a protection order.  (If you want to file for custody, divorce, or anything else, you may want to call the courthouse to make sure that the court we have listed is the proper courthouse.)  At the courthouse, the clerk will provide you with the forms that you need to file.  If you need assistance filling out the forms, the clerk may be able to give basic instructions, but the clerk usually cannot help you decide what information to write or give you any sort of advice.  You will also find links to online forms at our SC Download Court Forms page.  For further help, you may want to reach out to a local domestic violence program or a legal services organization.  You can find links to both types of organizations on our SC Where to Find Help page.



Family Court
715 Prince Street, Rm221
Georgetown, SC 29442
Phone: (843) 545-3047
Fax: (843) 545-3281
Web: http://www.georgetowncountysc.org/


Family Court
305 E. North Street
Greenville, SC 29601-2120
Phone: (864) 467-8554
Fax: (864) 467-8540
Web: http://www.greenvillecounty.org/


Family Court
528 Monument St., Rm. 114
Greenwood, SC 29646-2623
Phone: (864) 942-8760
Fax: (864) 942-8693
Web: http://www.co.greenwood.sc.us/


Family Court
PO Box 757
Greensville, SC 29602
Phone: (864) 467-5854

back to top