En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED April 8, 2009

Courthouse Locations

South Carolina

Print this page
View All

WomensLaw regrets that these resources have not been updated recently.  However, please note that the legal content on the Know the Laws section is updated annually and the rest of the website is also updated regularly.

Below is a list of courthouses where you can file for a protection order.  (If you want to file for custody, divorce, or anything else, you may want to call the courthouse to make sure that the court we have listed is the proper courthouse.)  At the courthouse, the clerk will provide you with the forms that you need to file.  If you need assistance filling out the forms, the clerk may be able to give basic instructions, but the clerk usually cannot help you decide what information to write or give you any sort of advice.  You will also find links to online forms at our SC Download Court Forms page.  For further help, you may want to reach out to a local domestic violence program or a legal services organization.  You can find links to both types of organizations on our SC Where to Find Help page.



Family Court
PO Drawer 299
101 South Congress St
Winnsboro, SC 29180-0299
Phone: (803) 635-4525
Fax: (803) 712-1506
Web: http://www.fairfieldsc.com/secondary.aspx?pageID=197


Family Court
180 N. Irby St. MSC-E Rm. B11
Florence, SC 29501-3456
Phone: (843) 665-3096
Fax: (843) 665-3097
Web: http://www.florenceco.org/

back to top