En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED July 9, 2010

Courthouse Locations


Print this page
View All

WomensLaw regrets that these resources have not been updated recently.  However, please note that the legal content on the Know the Laws section is updated annually and the rest of the website is also updated regularly.

Below is a list of courthouses where you can file for a protection order. (If you want to file for custody, divorce, or anything else, you may want to call the courthouse to make sure that the court we have listed is the proper courthouse.)  At the courthouse, the clerk will provide you with the forms that you need to file.  If you need assistance filling out the forms, the clerk may be able to give basic instructions, but the clerk usually cannot help you decide what information to write or give you any sort of advice.  You will also find links to online forms at our MD Download Court Forms page.  For further help, you may want to reach out to a local domestic violence program or a legal services organization. You can find links to both types of organizations on our MD Where to Find Help page.



Circuit Court
20 W. Courtland Street
Bel Air, MD 21014
Phone: (410) 879-2000
Phone: (410) 638-3426
Web: http://www.mdcourts.gov/clerks/harford/index.html

District Court
2 South Bond Street
Bel Air, MD 21014-3737
Phone: (410) 836-4545
Phone: (800) 943-6344


Circuit Court
8360 Court Avenue
Ellicott City, MD 21043
Phone: (410) 313-2111
Phone: (410) 313-3844 (Civil Department)

District Court
3451 Courthouse Drive
Ellicott City, MD 21043-4377
Phone: (410) 480-7702
Phone: (800) 944-8107

back to top