En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED August 5, 2011

Courthouse Locations

West Virginia

Print this page
View All

WomensLaw regrets that these resources have not been updated recently.  However, please note that the legal content on the Know the Laws section is updated annually and the rest of the website is also updated regularly.

Below is a list of courthouses where you can file for a protection order.  (If you want to file for custody, divorce, or anything else, you may want to call the courthouse to make sure that the court we have listed is the proper courthouse.)  At the courthouse, the clerk will provide you with the forms that you need to file. If you need assistance filling out the forms, the clerk may be able to give basic instructions, but the clerk usually cannot help you decide what information to write or give you any sort of advice.  You will also find links to online forms at our WV Download Court Forms page.  For further help, you may want to reach out to a local domestic violence program or a legal services organization.  You can find links to both types of organizations on our WV Where to Find Help page.



Roane County Magistrate Court
201 Main Street
Spencer, WV 25276
Phone: (304) 927-4750
Fax: (304) 927-2913

St. Marys

Pleasants County Magistrate Court
301 Court Lane
St. Marys, WV 26170
Phone: (304) 684-7197
Fax: 304-684-3882


Braxton County Courthouse
307 Main Street, Suite 205
Sutton, WV 26601
Phone: (304) 765-7362
Fax: (304) 765-2612

back to top