En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED September 22, 2009

Courthouse Locations


Print this page
View All

WomensLaw regrets that these resources have not been updated recently.  However, please note that the legal content on the Know the Laws section is updated annually and the rest of the website is also updated regularly.

Below is a list of courthouses where you can file for a protection order.  (If you want to file for custody, divorce, or anything else, you may want to call the courthouse to make sure that the court we have listed is the proper courthouse.)  At the courthouse, the clerk will provide you with the forms that you need to file.  If you need assistance filling out the forms, the clerk may be able to give basic instructions, but the clerk usually cannot help you decide what information to write or give you any sort of advice.  You will also find links to online forms at our VA Download Court Forms page. For further help, you may want to reach out to a local domestic violence program or a legal services organization. You can find links to both types of organizations on our VA Where to Find Help page.



22nd Judicial Court
P.O. Box 3300
401 Patton Street (24541), Courts and Jail building
Danville, VA 24543
Phone: (804) 799-5168
Fax: (804) 797-6502
Clerk of Court: Gerlad Gibson; Office Hours: 9-4:30p.m.


11th Judicial Circuit
P.O. Box 63
Dinwiddie, VA 23841-0063
Phone: (804) 469-4533
Email: bchappell@courts.state.va.us
Court Clerk: John B. Chappell Jr.

back to top