En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED September 13, 2016

Legal Assistance


Print this page
View All

Included in this list are organizations that provide free or low-cost legal services to victims of abuse and others who qualify.  Even if the organization does not have a lawyer available to represent you in court, you may want to ask if there is a lawyer who you can consult with to get advice.  Please note that we list the organizations by the town/city or county where the office is located – however, many offices may likely serve multiple counties.  We indicate the “counties served” whenever possible.  You can click the blue “View All” button to look through the complete list of organizations.




Lone Star Legal Aid (Conroe office)
412 West Lewis Street
Conroe, TX 77301
Phone: (936) 539-2130
Phone: (888) 595-8969
Fax: (936) 539-2144
Web: http://lonestarlegal.org
Lone Star Legal Aid provides legal services, including representation, to low income residents of 72 counties in Texas from 12 offices. The Conroe office serves Montgomery, Polk, San Jacinto, Trinity, Walker and Waller counties. They provide services for a variety of legal issues including issues regarding domestic violence and family law. Lone Star Legal Aid will provide assistance to those with limited English skills.

Corpus Christi

Texas RioGrande Legal Aid, Inc. (Corpus Christi Pueblo office)
3825 Agnes Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78405
Phone: (800) 840-3379
Phone: (361) 880-5420
Fax: (361) 883-7615
Web: http://www.trla.org
Texas RioGrande Legal Aid (TRLA) provides free legal services to low-income residents in sixty-eight counties of Southwest Texas. The Corpus Christi Pueblo office serves Brooks, Duval, Jim Wells, Kenedy, Kleberg and Nueces counties. To qualify for free legal services from TRLA, an applicant must meet the income, asset, and immigration requirements established by the United States Congress, the Texas Legislature, and other funding sources. TRLA will always attempt to find a funding source that will permit representation for persons who are unable to afford the services of a private attorney. They provide services in English and Spanish.

back to top