En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED August 4, 2017

Legal Assistance


Print this page
View All

Included in this list are organizations that provide free or low-cost legal services to victims of abuse and others who qualify.  Even if the organization does not have a lawyer available to represent you in court, you may want to ask if there is a lawyer who you can consult with to get advice.  Please note that we list the organizations by the county where the office is located – however, many offices may likely serve multiple counties.  We indicate the “counties served” whenever possible.  You can click the blue “View All” button to look through the complete list of organizations.




Southwestern Pennsylvania Legal Services, Inc. (Uniontown Office)
45 East Main Street, Suite 200
Uniontown, PA 15401
Phone: (724) 439-3591
Fax: (724) 439-6491
Web: http://www.splas.org/
Email: legalservices@splas.org
Southwestern Pennsylvania Legal Services, Inc. (SPLAS) provides legal services to low-income people with civil legal problems, especially those with an emergency nature. SPLAS’ services include legal representation, community outreach and education. SPLAS’ assists clients to be self-sufficient through obtaining and/or enforcing their right to necessary economic, employment, housing, medical, and other public resources. The Uniontown office serves Fayette County.


MidPenn Legal Services (Chambersburg Office)
230 Lincoln Way East, Suite A
Chambersburg, PA 17201
Phone: (800) 326-9177
Phone: (717) 264-5354 or (800) 372-4737
Fax: (717) 264-2420
Web: http://www.midpenn.org/
MidPenn Legal Services provides legal services to low-income residents and survivors of domestic violence. The MidPenn caseload covers domestic violence, welfare, consumer, elder law, housing, homeless outreach, social security/disability, health, AIDS, education, custody, divorce, and other poverty related issues. The MidPenn Legal Services Chambersburg Office serves Franklin and Fulton Counties.

back to top