En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED December 1, 2010

Courthouse Locations


Print this page
View All

WomensLaw regrets that these resources have not been updated recently.  However, please note that the legal content on the Know the Laws section is updated annually and the rest of the website is also updated regularly.

Below is a list of courthouses where you can file for a protection order.  (If you want to file for custody, divorce, or anything else, you may want to call the courthouse to make sure that the court we have listed is the proper courthouse.)  At the courthouse, the clerk will provide you with the forms that you need to file.  If you need assistance filling out the forms, the clerk may be able to give basic instructions, but the clerk usually cannot help you decide what information to write or give you any sort of advice.  You will also find links to online forms at our OR Download Court Forms page.  For further help, you may want to reach out to a local domestic violence program or a legal services organization.  You can find links to both types of organizations on our OR Where to Find Help page.


Lake County

513 Center Street
Lakeview, OR 97630
Phone: (541) 947-6051
Fax: (541) 947-3724

Lane County

Lane County Circuit Courthouse
125 East Eighth Ave,
4th Fl - Victim Services
Eugene, OR 97401
Phone: (541) 682-7696 to file for a restraining order
Phone: (541) 682-4523 for questions about a current restraining order
Web: http://www.courts.oregon.gov/lane
Victims Services will help you through this process. Hours Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm.

Lincoln County

Lincoln County Circuit Courthouse
225 W. Olive
Room 202
Newport, OR 97365
Phone: 541-265-4236 Ex. 236
Web: http://www.ojd.state.or.us/lnn/index.htm

Linn County

Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1749
Physical Address: 300 SW 4th Ave
Albany, OR 97321
Phone: (541) 967-3845 Restraining Orders
Fax: (541) 928-8725

back to top