En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED December 1, 2010

Courthouse Locations


Print this page
View All

WomensLaw regrets that these resources have not been updated recently.  However, please note that the legal content on the Know the Laws section is updated annually and the rest of the website is also updated regularly.

Below is a list of courthouses where you can file for a protection order.  (If you want to file for custody, divorce, or anything else, you may want to call the courthouse to make sure that the court we have listed is the proper courthouse.)  At the courthouse, the clerk will provide you with the forms that you need to file.  If you need assistance filling out the forms, the clerk may be able to give basic instructions, but the clerk usually cannot help you decide what information to write or give you any sort of advice.  You will also find links to online forms at our OR Download Court Forms page.  For further help, you may want to reach out to a local domestic violence program or a legal services organization.  You can find links to both types of organizations on our OR Where to Find Help page.


Jackson County

Jackson County Circuit Court
100 S. Oakdale
Medford, OR 97501
Phone: (541) 776-7171 Press 5 for Domestic Relations
Web: http://www.ojd.state.or.us/jac/

Jefferson County

Jefferson County Circuit Court
75 SE "C" Street
Suite C
Madras, OR 97741-1794
Phone: (541) 475-3317
Phone: Victim Advocate (541) 475-4463
Web: http://www.ojd.state.or.us/cro/
Hours: Mon - Fri 8am - 12pm and 1 PM - 5 PM

Josephine County

Josephine County Circuit Courthouse
500 NW 6th
Grants Pass, OR 97526
Phone: (541) 476-2309 (Press 3 for Family Court)
Web: http://www.ojd.state.or.us/jos/
Women's Crisis Center helps with getting restraining orders in this county (541)479-9349. Hours: 8 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday

back to top