En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED December 1, 2010

Courthouse Locations


Print this page
View All

WomensLaw regrets that these resources have not been updated recently.  However, please note that the legal content on the Know the Laws section is updated annually and the rest of the website is also updated regularly.

Below is a list of courthouses where you can file for a protection order.  (If you want to file for custody, divorce, or anything else, you may want to call the courthouse to make sure that the court we have listed is the proper courthouse.)  At the courthouse, the clerk will provide you with the forms that you need to file.  If you need assistance filling out the forms, the clerk may be able to give basic instructions, but the clerk usually cannot help you decide what information to write or give you any sort of advice.  You will also find links to online forms at our OR Download Court Forms page.  For further help, you may want to reach out to a local domestic violence program or a legal services organization.  You can find links to both types of organizations on our OR Where to Find Help page.


Harney County

Harney Circuit Courthouse
450 N. Buena Vista
#16 for Circuit Court
Burns, OR 97720
Phone: (541) 573-5207
Phone: Victim's Advocate (541) 573-8300
Hours: Mon - Fri. 8am - 5pm, closed 12 - 1

Hood River

Hood River Circuit Court
309 State Street
Hood River, OR 97031
Phone: (541) 386-3535
Web: http://www.ojd.state.or.us/hoo/hoodriver/index.htm
For restraining orders its best to contact the District Attorney (541) 387-6814

back to top